Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Post old stuff to recover from weekend!

I worked all the way through the weekend at my Sunday job, they called me in on Saturday. I did get alot of nice work done while I was there. but nothing finished yet I am rotating between three stories, so not to get bored with any of them. So they will be up soon. Until then I had to scour my files for stuff I scanned but never posted. So this is technially a clean up day! Enjoy my Ninja that me and my friend John mused over one day.

I have been very interested in the storytelling of illustration in a single image. Even though I have been working on lots sequential panels. I think a single picture can say a thousand words as an old proverb says. I am very interested in the drawings of Arthur Rackham. He's got so much going into each one of his illustrations. His pen and ink with the watercolors are so lush and beautiful. It's hard not to be inspired by his works here are some examples.





Well thats all i got.
I'll try to scan my thumbnails of the finished comic pages too.
Enjoy!
Later
Bob

2 comments:

Achalachia.com said...

i used to have those first 2 pics on my wall as a child... the second one even had a story with it... whatever, i'm just reminiscing bout reminiscing...

Bob Learned said...

The second is the Princess and the pea. Apparently, Princesses have a strange superpower to feel the smallest of objects, such as a pea, underneath 25 mattresses. Such a stupid superpower. I guess royalty has the the ability to complain the loudest about the smallest things. Where as commoners live with it!